Bennie Roux (41), an ultramarathon athlete from Centurion, will run hundreds of kilometres in the next week to collect money for AfriForum’s Trauma Support Unit.
AfriForum’s Trauma Support Unit offers a very unique and personal service to victims of violent crime – especially victims of farm attacks. The unit was established in 2015 and has since grown as a result of the increase in crime and especially farm attacks. The unit has already supported 238 people, of whom 38 were children. The unit also provides food to children in need and offers support with, for example, basic medical challenges, the provision of clothes, support during court proceedings, the taking of affidavits and, in certain cases, necessary psychological support.
Roux’s #RunforHope route between 22 and 26 October 2019:
- 22 October: Roux starts off in Villiers and takes on the dirt road to Frankfort. At 13:30 he will host a coin-laying ceremony at the Hoërskool Wilgerivier in Frankfort.
- 23 October: He starts at the Frankfort Golf Club and runs to Reitz. Roux will host a coin-laying ceremony at the Hoërskool Reitz at 13:30.
- 24 October: He sets out from Hoërskool Reitz towards Bethlehem. He will host a coin-laying ceremony at the Bethlehem Christian Centre at 17:00.
- 25 October: Roux starts at Lavender Hill on the N5 and runs to Fouriesburg, where a colour run will take place at the Fouriesburg Intermediate School at 12:00.
- 26 October: He sets out from Fouriesburg and end the day at the Rose Festival at Oranje Guest Farm.
More details will be made available in future media invitations.
The public can contribute in the following manner to support the #RunforHope project:
- Share #RunforHope posts and articles on AfriForum’s Facebook page with all your friends.
- Donate an amount per km (50 cents, R1, R5, R100 and so forth: 50 cents per km is R125, for example).
- Sponsor available packages which qualify for Art. 18A tax certificates.
Contact email@example.com for more information.