Maatreëls vir 21-dae afsondering
– Avoid unnecessary physical contact with people (shaking hands, hugs etc.).
– Try not to touch your face until you have thoroughly cleaned your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
– Use disinfectant wipes for shop trolleys, etc.
– Wash your hands regularly with an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
– Avoid direct contact with railings such as at stairs or escalators.
– Do not share things like drinking glasses, cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, food and so forth with other people.
Make sure your symptoms correspond with the confirmed COVID-19 symptoms:
- Cough (dry)
- Body aches
- Sore chest
- Difficulty breathing
- Shortness of breath
If you have four of the above symptoms, you should follow the following process:
- Contact your GP for a referral letter to be tested at any Lance tor Vermaak & Partners laboratory.
- Contact the national help line at 0800 029 999 / WhatsApp 0600 123 456.
The doctor or help line will tell you where the test will take place.
The cost of the test starts at R 990.
What should you do if you have tested positive?
- Any person who has tested positive will be placed in quarantine at any of the designated hospitals for treatment.
- The National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD) will inform all the people you were in close contact with.
- Those persons will be placed in self-quarantine for 14 days.
- The NICD will monitor them for any COVID-19 symptoms.