The online application platform for the 2023 placement of grade 1 and grade 8 learners in Gauteng schools opens on 22 July 2022 at 08:00 and closes again on 19 August 2022. If you want to enrol your child(ren) in one of these grades in Gauteng schools in 2023, we encourage you to do so as soon as possible on the Gauteng Department of Basic Education website. Keep the following in mind when you apply:
- Applications for placements in Gauteng schools can only be made online on the Gauteng Department of Basic Education’s website.
- Some schools require you to also apply to the school for record-keeping purposes. Therefore, make sure whether the school of your choice requires this.
- You can apply to maximum five schools.
- You must submit the following documentation within seven days to the school(s) that you applied for, as well as on the Department’s website:
- Proof of residence
- The IDs of both parents or guardians
- Each learner’s latest report card
- Each learner’s birth certificate
These documents must be in .pdf, .jpeg or .pgn format and may not be larger than 2 MB per document.
- We advise you to make screen grabs of each step in the application process as proof, should a dispute about the placement of your child(ren) arise later.
- We also advise you to make sure that your contact details are correct at the school(s) that your child(ren) is(are) currently attending.
- The Department will send placement offers between 3 October and 30 November per SMS to parents’/guardians’ cell phones. Make sure that you provide the correct cell phone number when you apply.
If you experience any insurmountable challenge during the application process, kindly contact AfriForum at firstname.lastname@example.org for support or let us know here: